Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Road to Healthy Living

I've been trying to make better choices lately.  Trying to eat better and get more exercise.  However, it seems as if the world is working against me!

This past week I have had something to do EVERY day.  Most of the things involve food.  Why is it that when we get together with friends or family we don't serve fruit or vegetables?  It's always fried, battered, sugary junk.  It's very difficult to be on a weight loss journey and be around....people.  I know, I know, it's all about will power.  Turns out I have none.  I can walk right past that chocolate cake, no worries; but put a plate of chicken wings in front of me and you better just get the heck out of the way because I will eat them.  All of them.  And if your fingers get in the way, I just might eat those, too.

I went back to work on Monday after having two weeks off.  Sunday, I told myself, "Self, you are going to the gym tomorrow at 6:00am."  Sunday night, I was still not in bed at 11:00.  Monday morning, I told myself, "I'll start tomorrow, for sure."  I didn't get home until after 10:00.  Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were all the same.  Turns out I can talk myself out of going bed early just so I don't have to get up early and go to the gym.  I'm hoping to get to the gym today because once I get there, I'm usually pretty good at going regularly.  Except for the fact that we are supposed to go meet one of my husband's out of town friends today, have to take Gwen around to sell Girls Scout cookies and have another child spending the night at our house tonight.  See, I can make an excuse for anything.

So, I'll keep trying to better myself.  Maybe one of these days I'll actually be able to talk myself INTO it instead of OUT of it.

If you'll excuse me, breakfast is ready.  My husband make fried eggs, sausage and hashbrowns.  Oi Vey!

1 comment:

  1. I brought clementines and salad (granted, it was caesar salad, but I put twice as much lettuce in, so the dressing to lettuce ratio was less) on Wednesday, but I know what you mean.

    I made breakfast this morning as well - fried eggs, hash browns, and amazing bacon (it was SO very good - totally worth the calories). We had it late, so I'm hoping it will count as brunch.

    Once our finances are a little bit more recovered, I'll try to do the gym with you - then neither of us will have the excuse because we'll be counting on one another to be there.

    And will power? Have never really had it. Maybe that's why I still bite my nails.

    ReplyDelete